Beyond Emancipation

Resources & Forms

Financing Your Education: A Guide For Transition Age Youth
This guide will help you understand how to pay for college, including specific grants and scholarships available to foster youth.  Interested in money for your books? Get detailed information about how to access Alameda County Book Money.

College Access Programs
This guide is intended to help foster youth and their supportive adults make informed decisions about college access programs, with the goal of increasing the number of foster youth prepared for and attending college.

High School Diploma and GED Resources
This guide is intended to help TAY (transition age youth) and supportive adults to make informed decisions about programs designed to help them succeed in obtaining their high school diploma or GED certificate.

Resources For Transition Aged Youth: January 2017


California Chafee Grant Program
Grants for current and former foster youth attending college, career or technical school who meet the eligibility requirements.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid

California Student Aid Commission
Financial aid information for California residents

Cal Grants
Grants for California students attending college, university, career, or technical school.