B:E’s mission is to support young people as they imagine and create their own life beyond foster care. We envision a more equitable world where all young people with experience in foster care thrive as adults. We can’t do this life-changing work alone! Check out our current openings to see if you would be a great fit for the B:E team.
Housing Program Director
The Housing Director leads a committed team to provide safe housing and supportive services to current and former foster youth and their children. Salary range: $96,000 – $108,000
Managing Director of Programs
A member of B:E’s senior leadership team, the Managing Director oversees strategy and implementation of B:E’s impactful programs for foster youth– including Housing, Education and Career, Independent Living, and Data and Evaluation. The Managing Director brings inspirational leadership and strong management skills to program development, program evaluation, and staff development. Salary range: $121,000 – $133,000
- Are you looking to make a direct impact in the lives of hundreds of bay area youth transitioning out of the foster care system?
- Are you looking to join an organization with a team committed to social justice?
- Are you someone who is passionate about ensuring the well-being of young adults in our community?
- Are you someone who would love to empower young people to live their best lives?
- Are you seeking to level the playing field and be an agent of change?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are looking in the right place! We want to hear from you!
B:E is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of our staff; we pride ourselves in offering generous benefits and perks to our employees.
- Health insurance: 100% paid employee medical care coverage. With multiple medical providers to choose from, employees have plenty of options to create a package that works best for them.
- Have dependents? We’ve got them covered too! 80% coverage on dependent medical care.
- Dental insurance: 100% paid for staff and 80% for dependents.
- Vision coverage: 100% paid for staff and 80% for dependents.
- Retirement savings account with employer match up to 3% (starting immediately upon hire!)
- Free 24/7 mental health, financial, and legal counseling to employees and their families.
- Flexible Spending Account: Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs.
- Generous paid time off includes: 15 days of vacation time (increasing over time), 12 days of sick leave, 6 wellness days, as well as 17 holidays.
In addition to the benefits above, the other perks include:
- Market competitive salaries, with ongoing eligibility for increases and promotions.
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles!
- $1,000 professional development stipend each year to support your continued education and professional growth.
Awarded for meeting the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness. It is estimated that out of one million non-profit organizations operating in the USA, only 5% or less meet the standards to receive the seal.
Thank you for your interest in employment at B:E, we look forward to connecting with you!