Donated items help us provide youth with the things they need to transition into adulthood. To schedule drop-off, please see contact information below. We regret that we are unable to pick up items.
It is often said what a shame it is that people go hungry in the United States in the 21st century – and we agree. Sadly, many of our clients know first-hand what it is like to experience hunger. We keep a small pantry in our office stocked with nonperishable, single-serve, easy to prepare food items so that when a youth tells us they haven’t eaten lately, we can offer them a little something.
We welcome each new resident to our transitional housing program with a starter kit of basic toiletries. We also keep an emergency supply of toiletry items for youth in need. Some of the essential items (travel size preferred) needed:
- Shampoo and conditioner, soap, razors, shaving cream, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, lotion
- New towels
- Laundry Baskets
- Gift Cards – Jamba Juice, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Target, WalMart, etc.
- Movie Tickets
- Art Supplies – crayons, markers, coloring books, etc.
- Laptop Computers – new or gently used, in working condition with newer operating systems, please; we cannot accept broken or very outdated machines
- Business Clothing – new or gently used job interview and work-appropriate clothing for men and women; women’s plus sizes are particularly needed
- New, in-package socks and underwear
To make a donation, please contact Julia Lakes at (510) 667-7635 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
While we appreciate your donations very much, we cannot accept them without arrangements made in advance. Thank you for your understanding.