In-kind donations help us provide youth with the things they need to transition into adulthood. To schedule drop-off or shipping, please see contact information below.
It is often said what a shame it is that people go hungry in the United States in the 21st century – and we agree. Sadly, many of our clients know first-hand what it is like to experience hunger. We keep a small pantry in our office stocked with nonperishable, single-serve, easy to prepare food items so that when a youth tells us they haven’t eaten lately, we can offer them a little something. Some of the most popular items are below:
We welcome each new resident to our transitional housing program with a starter kit of basic toiletries. We also keep an emergency supply of toiletry items for youth in need. Some of the essential items (travel size preferred) needed:
- Shaving Cream (Men’s/Women’s)
- Razors (Men’s/Women’s)
- Dental Floss
- Small bottles of medicine (Tylenol, Advil, etc)
- Laundry Baskets
- Gift Cards – Jamba Juice, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Target, WalMart, etc.
- Movie Tickets
- Art Supplies – crayons, markers, coloring books etc.
- Pillows/Sheets/Bedding Sets
- DVD Player
- School Supplies – spiral notebooks, backpacks, canvas bags, calculators, etc. for college students
- Laptop Computers – new or gently used, in working condition with newer operating sytems, please; we cannot accept broken or very outdated machines
- Business Clothing – new or gently used job interview and work-appropriate clothing for men and women; women’s plus sizes are particularly needed
B:E Culinary Training Program preparing youth for work in Oakland and Bay Area’s thriving culinary industry need additional equipment and tools to support learning and training:
- 8 Burner- 2 Oven Stove
- Spice Grinder (preferably Cuisinart b/c others have broken)
- Muffin Pans
- Bread Pans
- Ice Cream Maker
- Free-standing Mixer w/ Attachments
- Rolling Pins
- Measuring Tools (variety)
- Silpat Non-stick Baking Mat
- Cake Pans
- Serving Ware
- Maps- US/World/Continent
To make an in-kind contribution, please contact Raquel Stratton at (510) 667-7635 or email@example.com to make arrangements.
While we appreciate your in-kind donations very much, we cannot accept them without arrangements being made in advance. Thank you for your understanding.